Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Piece of Cake

Recipes that are pieces of cake to make are brilliant, but when they are actually pieces of cake, pie, brownies, etc. they go far beyond the spectrum of brilliance.


Finding recipes always seem to be difficult. Something may look good in the picture, but then I realize there are about a hundred ingredients I would have to buy at a specialty store in France. 

However, my family saves the day as usual. I can always trust my mom, Granny, or Diane will have the recipe. The trick is who to call. If I need exact amounts or anything to do with cookies, who should I call? Diane. That was too easy. Spice bars? Granny. Crockpot recipes? Mom. Fried chicken or bacon gravy? Granny! German Chocolate Icing? Ima. Potato Wedges? Amy Spanish Rice? Nancy Taco Salad? Toy Corn Casserole? Jean....ok so you get my point I have plenty of contacts.

Here is a recipe that sounds sophisticated and complex, but I promise that with four ingredients will be one of the easiest desserts you have ever made! 
YOU NEED TO TRY THIS!
COOKIE DOUGH CHEESE CAKE...yum
1 pkg. pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread 1/2 of the dough in the bottom of an 8 x 8" pan. Double the recipe for a 9 x 13". Blend cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla to taste. Pour over layer of cookie dough. With the remainder of the dough, break into pieces and drop on top. Bake for 35-40 minutes.

Try this out and you are sure to impress!

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite deserts!!! It is also very easy to make. I like to let it cool and put it in the refrigerator until it gets cold, then eat it. Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most definitely. I like how it gets better as leftovers!...iff there is any:)

    ReplyDelete