Friday, October 1, 2010

Copy Cat: Carino's Italian Nachos

How many times have you eaten at a restaurant and wished you could replicate the food when you are at home?


Growing up, when my sisters and I would get our report cards, we would get rewarded for our good grades by going out to eat. We either went to Charlie's in Devine or Johnny Carino's. Carino's is one of my most favorite restaurants. 


Anyways, when we go to Carino's, we always order a plate of Italian Nachos. It seems like we always discuss how they could possibly be made. 
Well my most-talented mother figured it out! So I just had to try my hand at it too! Let me tell you it's so easy! Now I want to share the recipe with you so you can get home and try this immediately.
Italian Nachos

wantons, chicken, sausage, Alfredo sauce, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, olives, jalapeƱos
[I don't have amounts because it is so easily affected by quantity and preference. So make it your own. Also you can use sausage, chicken, or both. The tomatoes, olives, and jalapeƱos are also optional.]
Directions
  1. Cook choice of meat. If you choose chicken either dice or shred it after it's cooked.
  2. Heat Alfredo sauce. (I used canned Alfredo sauce, because of its simplicity and added a lot of spices to it while.)
  3. In a skillet, heat oil. Cut wantons in preferred shape. (I cut them into triangles and strips)
  4. Fry wantons. It takes only a few seconds per side to fry. Remove from oil to a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
  5. Plate fried wantons, top with mozzarella cheese, meat, and any other topping. Place in a low heat oven or toaster oven until cheese is melted.


This would also be a great way to make homemade chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment