Friday, September 3, 2010

Me and my Definition of Family

My name is Alyx Tschirhart. I am a Agricultural Communications & Journalism major at Texas A&M University, class of 2012 A-A-A WHOOP! 


Anyways, one of the few things I love more than Texas A&M, is my family. And when I refer to family, I am not one of those who is talking about just their mom, dad, and siblings. Don't get me wrong, I think that family is what makes you happy so it has to be defined by you and only you. However, for me my family includes not only my parents and siblings, but my grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, and the rest of my extended family. I have grown up immersed in family. Reunions, holidays, birthdays, Sundays and any other day we just feel like seeing each other I am with my family. 


The thing is though, my family is characterized by the "Tschirharts" and the "Rihns", my dad and my mom's families. In this blog, I will specifically talk about the Rihn tradition of cooking, but I will also reference the Tschirharts because we have different traditions that I appreciate. And also to clarify, Granny is the Rihn, and Grandma and Grandpa are the Tschirharts.

No comments:

Post a Comment